Pages

Monday, August 15, 2011

Country Vintage 50th Birthday Bash

Somehow I managed to changed my alert ring to a tone that seems a little spooky to me. A few weeks ago I woke up hearing that noise in the middle of the night and saw the huge reminder of birthday's coming up. Thank you google calender for reminding me in enough time to get a party together for my mom's 50th birthday and thank you for getting my wheels turning to where I didn't sleep for the rest of the night trying to get it all planned before morning :).

So the planning began with a few emails sent out for any helpers to partake in the planning. Between our family and my mom's close friends this party was done with little cost to everyone involved.

Vintage party banners were made by Tracy at The Lively Lady shop on etsy. She has an amazing talent for sewing and this was her first go at making one of these party banners. The banners were perfect!


Scrapbook flowers were used for a different look instead of fresh flowers. Being in Texas right now and due to the scourching heat, all the beauty of flowers are shriveled up to a crisp. We did manage to find a few buds in the garden to have floating in the tops of the teacup serving trays.Last but not least, a party isn't a party until you have a birthday hat, pompoms, and a photobooth. Everyone was a good sport with the photobooth considering the 104 tempature outside. Tutorials on DIY vintage photo booth and scrap book flowers to come!

I love this party because it was simple and was set up to match who my mom is...well..one side of her. As the guest arrived, I sat back and had to chuckle. We had sweet pretty dessert table and seeing grown biker men grab cupcakes off the table was a site. I see a Harley Davidson theme party in the future just for you Jim :).

                                My favorite photo taken of the day! My mother's family!

Michel~

2 comments:

The Lively Lady said...

Michele, you did a wonderful job putting it all together. It looked so amazing! Way to go!!!

Michel said...

Thank you!

Post a Comment

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Premade Blogger Templates