Pages

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Painting Greek Style: Edible Finger Paint

Many weekends I get so busy and forget to really spend time with Addy. Work doesn't end on Friday. Dinners, church activities, house work, grocery shopping, and just life  happens and before I can take a moment to just "play" with her,  the weekends over. Sunday night comes and the guilt arises in me and I always say next weekend I will do better. As a working mom I live daily with a bit of guilt due to not being able to be with her more. Talking to other working moms I realize I am not the only one! So to do better, I am making a list of activities to plan and do with Addy. Here is one of those activites.

This is for all you working mom's out there. An activity that is easy, fits into snack time, but I warn you it is a super mess. Hey!.. you can't have fun with out making a little bit of a mess. Let loose and enjoy the time!

Edible Finger Paint- Watch out we have an artist who loves to eat!

Very simple ingredients:
Greek Yogurt (I used Vanilla Orange Cinnamon flavor)
Food Coloring Gel (Drops will work too)
Small multi-purpose containers
 Today we used a paper plate as our canvas

  
Addy got started before I could get a clean picture of her :). She started off doing really good dipping fingers and smearing.. oh i mean "painting".



Once she had her first taste it was all over she painted, ate, then finally started licking the plate.



Viola!


Surprisingly, the clean up was not a huge task. The color came up very easy. Hang your art work up to let dry over night! Great thing about the Greek yogurt is that it has the same consistency as regular finger paint it just take a bit longer to dry.

I have been on the look out for similar activities.. Let me know your ideas!

Thanks for sharing a play day with Addy.

Michel~
Proud wife and mom.

1 comments:

Tracy Lively said...

What a great idea and how cute is Addy the little artist!!! Give her a big hug from Auntie Tracy!

Post a Comment

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Premade Blogger Templates